08 February 2010

Klee Sequencer (Part 7)

Last weekend I worked again on the Klee Sequencer. I now wired the center components. All the center leds are now connected. As you can see I used some heat shrink on them. Not only to insulate them better, but I think it also helps to prevent the wire from ever coming loose and of course it also looks better. I must look for some tool to heat up the heat shrink though. I usually use my soldering iron for that, but I noticed now that when I do a lot the point gets very black. And it takes me a lot of effort to clean it again. I'm not even sure if something like this exists.

And here you can see how far I got this weekend. I made another circular wire bundle. This time on the inside. And I also made a small bundle running through that to the switches in the middle. I only have 24 wires left to do and then I'm done. I still need to wire the upper row of switches and some components way across the front panel. The 'left overs' so to speak. I'm thinking now about how to properly wire those. I presume I should bundle these with some existing wires. You will see what I came up with in the next post I guess :) I'll keep you updates as always.

2 comments:

Blue Parrot said...

Hoi michel,
Ik zat even in je blog te lezen over de klee sequezer, en hoe je de heath shrinks met een soldeerbout behandeld,
er is een oplossing voor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_air_gun

Groetjes
Fred pronk

Synth.nl said...

Hoi Fred,

Kijk dat zocht ik nou :) Dank je wel :)

Michel, Synth.nl