25 May 2008

I bought a Jupiter 8

Only recently I almost got scammed on a Jupiter 8 on E-bay. After that I decided not to look for one anymore on E-bay and started looking somewhere else. I posted on the Dutch Synthforum.nl website that I was looking for one and actually did expect much response. To my big surprise I had even two E-mails about it the next morning. One guy actually wasn't planning to sell his, but was curious what the market value was, but the other guy was actually someone that offered me one. We E-mailed a bit up and down and it seemed to be a trustworthy person. And eventually we came to an agreement. So I actually bough a Jupiter 8 this week!!

I still can't believe it. I have been looking so long for a good one already and it has been on my wish list for a long time. It was a bit more expensive than I planned, but it is supposed to be in mint condition and it has the encore midi kit build in. Judging from the pictures it looks great. I hope its electronics are in the same shape, but the seller assured me that. So I guess it is worth it. I still have to pick it up. They guy I bought it from lives in Belgium. About 1,5 hours driving from where I live. I hope to pick it up somewhere next week. The 7th of June I'm going to a synthesizer meeting. Off couse I would like to bring the Jupiter 8 to that meeting. So I will try to pick it up before that. I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: