09 June 2011

Apollo 3D Project (Part 10)

I thought it was time to update you again on Apollo. On the music side I'm really making progress now. I'm still working on the details of some the tracks, but some are already completely finished and ready for mastering. Only in two tracks I still have some work to do. I'm also still working hard on the 3D project. I did another scene the last week that was quite complex. The whole docking scene. Here you see a picture of the third stage of the rocket.

The first thing I had to do is get everything into scale. The third stage model, orbiter and lander were all in a different scale. Then I had to re-texture them like I had to do on all models. And then finally the animating part. First the doors had to open on the third stage, then the orbiter flies away and unfolds its antenna dish. From a safe distance then it turns around towards the opened up third stage and docks with the LEM (Lunar Lander) that is inside the third stage. You can see that in the picture on the right.

And then the Orbiter pulls the LEM from the third stage and the fly away again to a safe distance. In the mean time the third stage floats away into space. To make things more exciting I shot the whole thing from 4 different camera views and did some camera movements as well. Slowly but surely I'm getting the hang of that. In the mean time I'm constructing a teaser movie that holds some short sound clips of ALL the track of the album and show some quick shots of the 3D animations. The whole movie will be about 5 minutes long. I'm not happy with it yet. I need to make a few more scenes. And then I will put it on YouTube for you to get a grasp of what both the music and video will be like. When the album is out I will make a longer version of this video. But it all takes A LOT of time to make. So please be patience with me more just a little longer.



No comments: