06 March 2011

Apollo 3D Project (Part 1)

I recently decided that I want to do more with the combination of music and video. I'm actually planning to release a BluRay/DVD in the (not so near) future with some tracks from various albums mixed in surround sound and with video of course. So first I learned a bit about video editing, but I do like to make things from nothing and since I love computer graphics I decided it was time for me to learn how to do 3D graphics as well. I'm currently testing various 3D render applications and here is the first result. It is the Lunar Module from the Apollo program that they used to land on the Moon. So this is a still picture, but there will be moving stuff soon. I'm planning to start with a promotion video for my Apollo album with 3D animation in combination with real NASA footage of the Apollo space missions. As I do with my music I will keep you updated on the progress of that project on my blog. It is a completely new direction for me, but I'm so looking forward to it :) I love learning new things. Now my time is limited though because first the album has to finish. I only can play a bit with it when I'm not working and when I'm resting my ears. But when the album is done I'm going to throw myself on this new adventure.

No comments: