20 December 2020

Wall-E DIY Project with Wifi (Part 4)

 And here is a picture of the final assembly. I put the speaker back in place. I created an USB connection at the bottom of the case so I can power Wall-E that way but also for emergency programming in case the OTA (Over The Air) updates over WiFi should go wrong somehow. Then I won't have to open it up again for reprogramming. For the power I'm using a Raspberry Pi USB Power Supply with provides 5V at 2,5 Amp. I guess that should be more than enough. In the picture you can now also see the red LED I installed next to the Oled Display. That led is connected directly to an GPIO pin of the ESP12 only with a simple 220 ohm resistor in series you can see in the top right corner of the PCB. You can see the motor controller left on that and there is also a transistor on the PCB that takes care of powering the lights in the eyes of Wall-E connected to another GPIO pin of the ESP12.  

And here is a picture of the complete assembled Wall-E. I'm not 100% happy with the placement of the display but this is really the best I could get. The glue on the double sided tape was very strong and I didn't want risking damaging another display since they are quite expensive. But overall I'm happy with the outcome. After all it is just a gadget for ourselves in our gadget cabinet. It has been quite a project. I have been busy with it for almost a month. Not every day of course, but including waiting for parts. You can control it by pressing the button that I forgot to mention previously. That is also attached to a GPIO of the ESP12. That is why I ran low on GPIO ports. They display already takes up 5 as well. OK I will conclude this series with some video's showing what it can do. And by now I can also control these scenes over voice commands and triggered by home automation scenes over WiFi. I hope you enjoyed this series.



No comments: